Aluminium Castings, processing ways mainly include Sand Castings, Low Pressure Castings, and die castings / High Pressure Castings.
Examples of items mainly are aluminium housing, pump gear box, pump housing, valve body, marine parts, Auto Parts, and turbocharger compressor wheel, bearing housing and compressor housing etc..
Die casting is the most important processing way for aluminium castings.
Advantages of die casting:
- Excellent dimensional accuracy (depend on casting material, but typically 0.1 mm for the first 2.5 cm and 0.02 mm for each additional centimeter.
- Smooth cast surfaces.
- Thinner walls can be cast as compared to sand and permanent mold casting.
- Inserts can be cast-in.
- Reduces or eliminates secondary machining operations.
- Rapid production rates.
- Casting tensile strength as high as 415 megapascals (60 ksi).
- Casting of low fluidity metals.